WHAT MAKES US GREAT IS STILL
WHAT MAKES US GREAT.
Where it all started Our company, Restaurants of Jamaica (ROJ), was “born” officially on June 18, 1975, when the Myers family opened the first KFC restaurant at 170 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6, on licence from Hueblein International.
Our mission is to enhance people’s live by providing great meals and memorable moments for our customers and unforgettable careers for our team. Our vision is to be the first choice and most chosen restaurant brands anytime people want to eat.
The Values We Stand By:
- Always be open, honest and true
- Put the “WOW” in everything you do
- Get it done! Do what you say and own what you do
- We are family! Show respect to all
- Never stop learning and growing
- Customers are our life! Treat them right
- Love what you do and have fun doing it!
From 1975 to present ROJ has maintained the highest standard and quality. With the exception of The Colonel’s Top Secret unique blend of 11 herbs and spices, ROJ uses all-Jamaican inputs in every restaurant. ROJ has always played their part to develop human resources and support national and community projects.
Located Island Wide
Since that time, Restaurants of Jamaica has grown to become the franchisee for both KFC and Pizza Hut – licensed to do so by YUM! the current international franchisor. As of March 2018, there are 35 KFC restaurants operating in 11 Jamaican parishes and 11 Pizza Hut restaurants are also in operation in four of those parishes:
- St. Andrew
- St. Catherine
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Ann
- St. Mary
- St. James
Check Out All Our KFC Locations Here
Our company has a strong, quality-driven team culture which plays an integral role in helping to make our piece of Yum! here in “little” Jamaica one of the most successful builders of the dynamic and vibrant brands that Yum! is targeting worldwide. Our team is ranked in the Top 10 KFC Market across the globe. Our team has won awards which validate the hard work and innovation invested all year round by KFC Jamaica.
- Market of the Year - YUM! Franchise Week 2016
- Market of the Year YUM! Franchise Week 2015
- Highest Sales and Transaction Growth - YUM! Franchise Week 2015
- Break Thru Innovation - YUM! Franchise Week 2015
- Highest Volume Growth in Pepsi - YUM! Franchise Week 2015
We believe in assisting those who help others. Our aim is to help empower Jamaica’s young people, so that they will be able to achieve and become equipped to serve as nation builders. ROJ actively participates in nation building activities especially those which support entertainment and Jamaica’s children through education and sports. Each year ROJ sponsors Jamaica’s biggest entertainment activities such as Carnival, Gospel concerts, and national talent shows. ROJ supports numerous youth-related programmes, and numerous community based charities nearby KFC restaurants across the island including:
- The Prime Ministers Annual Christmas Treat
- Youth and Information’s School Feeding Unit
- Inter-Secondary Schools Association – KFC Schoolboy’s Basketball Competition
- Jamaica Library Service – KFC Homework Centre & Reading Room
- Missionaries of the Poor
- Jamaica Foundation for Children
- Jamaica Red Cross’ Meals on Wheels Feeding Programme
- Special Olympics Jamaica
- Jamaica Cancer Society
- Restaurants of Jamaica Learning Centre - Bustamante Children’s Hospital
- University of the West Indies’ Mona Campus’ TMRI Sickle Cell Unit
- University of the West Indies’ Mona Campus’ Guild of Students’ Needy Students Meal Plan
Our Harvest Programme
KFC locations across the globe are committed to solving hunger around the world as a part of our Harvest Programme. This is the world’s first prepared food donation programme which sees KFC Jamaica along with KFC’s around the global donating more than seven million pounds of food annually to food banks and other charitable organizations. We are feeding people instead of landfills. This is one of the many ways in which we play our part as members of the Food Waste Reduction Alliance. All KFC Jamaica restaurants donate unsold chicken to selected homes nearby our locations daily.
We're in the Community
We are dedicated, to honouring the pledge which we have made to be a Good Corporate Citizen in Jamaica. We pride ourselves on our numerous projects of goodwill. Our annual Gifts to Jamaica programme donates school supplies, learning tools and other equipment to over 160 kindergarten-level schools with KFC communities. We are always responding positively to thousands of requests from schools, churches, children’s homes, homes for the aged, hospitals and other organizations island-wise for special events and fundraising efforts. This is one of the many ways we show our appreciation to our customers, and to Jamaica as a whole, for their loyalty to KFC and Pizza Hut over many years.